Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Freedom!!

I am testing and trying new strength and freedom won for me by Christ on this past weekend's Men at the Cross retreat. I have much that I learned that I am still unpacking from the weekend, but will mention a few things here.

I am constantly connected to God's power and love. The key verse mentioned was from 2 Timothy 1:6-7, "Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (NKJV)

I am free from having to sustain the grace that God has birthed. This frees me up immensely with the inevitable venture back down into the valley from the mountaintop, which can often be very depressing. This weekend wasn't a cure-all, but an important part of the process.

Three things I am holding onto that are true of me as revealed by God:
I am Free.
I am God's beloved son
I am safe in his arms!

No comments: