Tuesday, November 02, 2010

War!

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 5:6-11 ESV)

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10 ESV)

I remind myself of these truths this morning after the second night of intense spiritual attack which robbed us of sleep.

I am convinced more than ever that the quickest swipe against the throat of the enemy is the gospel grace identity of Beloved.

He is tempting me to fear and to clothe myself once again in the orphan. He is tempting me to doubt the identity gifts God gave me on retreat this past weekend. Instead, by grace I will step into these gifts with more fervor and fan them into flame until the enemy and his devices are consumed.

No comments: