Friday, January 10, 2014

Some of My Favorite 2013 Facebook Moments

I was looking at my Facebook account and saw the option to see my “2013 Year in Review.” I was curious, so I clicked on the link. I was struck by some of the statements I’ve made, both funny and serious, and felt blessed yet again at how God has been working in my life.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a strange mix of contemplative jokester who listens to both Metallica and Andrew Peterson (not all at the same time though). My FB posts were a pretty good representation of that!

For your amusement and pondering:

1/6/13

Great grace can only thrive where there is great need. Most of us do not experience great grace because we're not willing to share how needy we are, with God and with others.

6/11/13

Tebow going to the Patriots is kind of like Luke Skywalker going to intern for Emperor Palpatine.

7/12/13

Relax. The one who began your story will finish it. (Phil 1:6; Heb 12:1-3)

7/22/13

The one chiefly disturbed by your lack of progress is you. Jesus is quite relaxed and confident. Rest in that.

9/20/13

It's a special kind of friendship when God crushes two people and they find grace in the rubble of each other's brokenness.

9/26/13

Ok, folks, scratch one item off my bucket list: had my first TV interview a few minutes ago (not really on my bucket list, but hey, it sounds good). I was interviewed by Wave 3 here in Louisville about seeing the meteor this morning. This was my script, carefully crafted for maximum impact:

"I walked outside and saw somethin'; I said, Lord Jesus, it's a meteor!! Aint nobody got time for dat!"

The cameraman seemed quite impressed.

11/28/13

Feasting on the goodness of God today, regardless of what's on the table.

No comments: